We pride ourselves on our passion for quality wine and each hotel boasts a truly remarkable cellar with an expert Sommelier who is on hand to guide you through the wine lists and make recommendations.
You’ll find a superb selection of the established vintages from the Old World - from classic clarets and Burgundies and some of the most sought after New World wines, together with a fascinating variety of delights from less celebrated regions.
In line with its enthusiasm for fine wine Red Carnation supports and works in close affiliation with the celebrated Bouchard Finalyson winery, makers of some of South Africa’s most distinguished wines, and each of our hotels is proud to present a range of these outstanding vintages.
Meet one of our expert Sommeliers
I have been at Summer Lodge Country House Hotel, Dorset since 2004 and I am passionate about wine and our extensive list takes some beating because of its balance and diversity. I look forward to taking you on a most delicious tour at Summer Lodge!
Eric Zwiebel's Awards and Accolades
- 4th place in 'Best Sommelier in the World' in Tokyo in 2013
- 'Wine Spectator' awarded Summer Lodge with a 'Best of Award of Excellence' for five years running
- 2nd place in 'Best Sommelier of Europe' 2008
- Runner-up in Ruinart 'Best Sommelier of the World' 2007
- Winner of the French semi-final for the 'Best Sommelier in the World' 2007
- 3rd place in 'Best Sommelier of Europe' in 2006
- UK 'Sommelier of the Year' 2004