1. Take a walk on the famous Golden Mile and then a dip in the Indian Ocean – the warmest ocean on the planet; surf the waves and enjoy miles of clean, protected white beaches.
2. Visit the Phoenix Settlement on the Inanda Heritage Route in eNanda, the home of Mahatma Ghandi during his time in South Africa.
3. Soak up the atmosphere of Durban’s heritage with a visit to the Victoria Street Market.
4. Watch a dolphin show, ride the highest slide in Africa and dive with the sharks at uShaka Marine World.
5. Take a peek behind the scenes of Durban’s famous rugby team, The Sharks at Moses Mabhida Stadium. Take a tour, walk the arch, ride the big swing and see the city from the Skycar.
6. Immerse yourself in the culture and heritage of the Zulu’s – watch traditional Zulu dancing or bead-making at Phezulu Safari Park.
7. Get in touch with ‘the great outdoors’ when you visit the Durban Green Corridor; you can take walks on miles of trails along the Umgeni River, hire a bicycle or canoe and visit the Mangrove Swamps.
8. Enjoy a traditional curry or bunny chow at one of Durban’s many Indian restaurants.
9. The Durban Botanical Gardens are the oldest gardens in Africa. Have a cup of tea and scones, waffles or crumpets in the verdant surroundings.
10. The Lighthouse Bar at The Oyster Box at Umhlanga is the only place in Durban to sip on an Umhlanga Schling cocktail overlooking the Indian Ocean.