Calling dinosaur enthusiasts and foodies of all ages - are you ready for ultimate staycation?
This offer includes a special foraging activity in our hotel’s beautiful and expansive four-acre garden. Your chosen ingredients will then be used within a beautiful included family dinner, or a private picnic set up in the gardens. For your fossil adventure, you will embark on a trip to the Jurassic Coast, where you'll be joined by a knowledgeable guide who will help you discover different types of fossils. Your trainee paleontologists can learn even more at the Dinosaur Museum in Dorchester, which has everything from fossil displays to dinosaur skeletons.
This offer starts from £1,000 for two nights, based on a family of four sharing a family suite and full inclusions are as follows:
- A two-night stay in an individually designed and elegantly comfortable family suite
- A private family fossil hunting trip to the Jurassic Coast to find fossils with a guide (3 hours)
- Tickets to The Dinosaur Museum in Dorchester
- A special foraging experience in the gardens, to gather the ingredients for your family dinner/picnic
- A family dinner on one night of your stay, or a private family picnic in the stunning and extensive gardens
- A map-led, family treasure hunt in the gardens
- Use of secret play house for children
- Use of the swimming pool (available to kids under 12 before 10.30am and after 4.30pm), tennis courts and bikes
For all additional dining, children aged 12 and under will eat free when dining with a paying adult. We are dog friendly too, so four-legged family members are as equally welcome.
Seeking additional seclusion? Our private cottages offer the perfect accommodations to get away from it all, with the added benefit 24-hour room service. The beautifully appointed Ivy Cottage has two master bedrooms and a private garden with outdoor hot-tub, and offers peaceful privacy with all the benefits of a five-star hotel.
For more information on how to book, please view the offer page.
Want to learn more about fossil hunting? Read our interview with Bill Verkaik, geologist and founder of Junior Geo. Also, why not make the most out of your stay by exploring the top 10 sights across the Jurassic Coast and by visiting the top attractions for family days out.