The beautiful Ocean Terrace restaurant at The Oyster Box offers an incredible curry buffet to guests. Using delicate hand-blended combinations of spices and fresh herbs, the extensive selection of curries includes, meat, fish and vegetarian options, catering to all guests.
Our signature lamb curry recipe is perfect for cooking at home with your family. If you enjoyed the recipe, don't forget to share your pictures with us on Instagram, tagging @TheOysterBox.
This recipe serves 4 people.
- 1kg leg of lamb or shoulder (or 1 kg chicken), cubed
- 75ml oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (10cm long)
- 20ml medium strength masala curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10ml crushed garlic and ginger
- 4 curry leaves
- 5ml whole fennel seeds
- 250ml water (one cup)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1 medium tomato, skinned and diced
- Coriander (Dhania) leaves for garnishing
- Masala curry powder
- Heat the oil and add the diced onion, cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Add masala curry powder, stir and add meat to the pot.
- Add salt, garlic and ginger, curry leaves and fennel seeds and stir.
- Allow to cook on a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for half an hour.
- As excess water and juices evaporate, add the cup of water, then the potato and tomato.
- When both the meat and vegetables are cooked, simmer on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve. Serve alongside rice, roti and green salad.
For more recipe ideas, check out our at home blogs for inspiration.