Job Reference: ASH_FOHM
The Front Office department is looking for a Front of House Manager to join the team. You should have a proactive attitude, excellent communication skills and an approachable and friendly personality.
General responsibilities include:
- To be fully familiar with the front of house systems and procedures, ensuring that these are implemented consistently across the department
- To train, lead and motivate the team to ensure they carry out their duties in line with hotel standards
- He/she will be responsible for continuing our tradition of genuine and generous hospitality and five star service guest care
- Build and drive five star Leading Hotel standards across the department
- Provide direction and oversight to employees and initiate employment actions such as training, coaching, discipline, etc
- Assure that effective orientation and training for new staff and professional development programmes for current experienced staff are planned and implemented
- Recruitment and retention of employees
- To support Red Carnation ethos of providing the guest, at all times, with the highest levels of guest care and personal attention, where possible anticipating the guests needs and initiating actions to exceed expectations where possible
The ideal candidate for the Front of House Manager position will enjoy working within a friendly and productive team and have excellent communication skills. This is a full-time position, working five days a week between Monday and Sunday.
The ideal candidate for the position should:
- Have a strong knowledge of Opera, health and safety and international five star standards of service
- Have strong communication skills & attention to detail
- Have a friendly & outgoing personality
- Have a passion for hospitality
- Good organizational skills
- Good ability to handle pressurized situations and busy periods
- Flexible, innovative and adaptable
- Strong team leader with good people skills – an effective motivator
- This person needs to already have extensive management experience in running a front office department within a 5 star luxury environment. Have strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as a discerning eye for quality and finer details that are the minimum requirements of 5 star service and standards.
This position has excellent progression opportunities within renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the Hotel industry.
Some of the Benefits available to our team:
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection, The Travel Corporation and some UK Relais & Châteaux properties
- Uniforms and dry cleaning service provided free of charge
- Discounted rates with many local businesses and third party service providers (including Estate Activities)
- Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability)
- Professional training and development opportunities (79 in-house courses to avail of)