Job Reference: ASH_RESVA
We are currently looking for a Reservation Agent to join our team at Ashford Castle.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the administration of individual sales enquiries and reservations relating to the hotel
- Liaise with the Conference & Banqueting Team in recording and administrating group reservations for conferences and events
- Support the reception team as required
- Operate computerised system for reservations, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
- To provide the Guest, at all times, with the highest levels of guest care and personal attention, where possible anticipating the guests needs and initiating actions to exceed expectations where possible
Hours of work are Monday to Saturday, 5 days over these 6 on a rotational basis working either 9.00am-5.30pm. 10.00am-6.30pm or 10.30am to 7.00pm. Excellent remuneration package.
The ideal candidate for the Reservationist should:
- Have previous experience in a similar role in hospitality
- Knowledge of reservations packages such as Fidelio & Opera is an advantage
- Have a friendly & outgoing personality
- Be enthusiastic & flexible
- Excellent computer skills are essential
- Have strong communication skills, in both face to face, telephone and written communication
- Must be highly organised, have good attention to the finer details and be able to meet deadlines effectively
- Be legally eligible to work in Ireland
- Have the ability to handle busy situations and manage your workload effectively
This position has excellent progression opportunities within the renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the hotel industry.
Some of the Benefits available to our team:
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection and The Travel Corporation
- Uniforms and dry cleaning service provided free of charge
- Discounted rates with many local businesses and third party service providers (including Estate Activities)
- Professional training and development opportunities (79 in-house courses to avail of)
Ashford Castle is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Ashford Castle is one of Ireland’s premier 5 star resort hotels with an international reputation and a member of Leading Hotels of the World. The Hotel is located only 40 minutes from Galway City and Castlebar. We are a member of The Red Carnation Hotel Collection. The Red Carnation Hotel collection provides an opportunity for long-term career prospects and is recognised as number 3 of the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For 2016. As a result we can confidently promise you will reach your full career potential!