We are looking for a detail orientated socially focused persuasive leader with a sense of urgency in the position of Food and Beverage Manager to lead and organise the Food and Beverage Service Team, to set and maintain standards and to strive to always keep improving standards whilst maintaining budget and gross profit.
Minimun Experience or Qualification
- Diploma/Degree in Hotel or Food & Beverage Management
- Must have at least 4 years experience in a 4/5* Hotel/Lodge; of which 2 years should be managing a food and beverage outlet
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience at operator and programming level of a Point of Sales System – exposure to Micros advantageous
- Experience at operator level of a Stock Management System
- Exposure to Opera advantageous
- Highly presentable
- Solid English verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent with hospitality language and terminology, particularly food and beverage vocabulary
- Exposure and understanding of restaurant financials
- Experience with stock control, stock count and resolving of stock discrepancies
- Experience in Service Recovery
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays to accommodate changing needs of the business
This job requires connecting with people quickly in an outgoing, friendly manner. The use of persuasive communication skills to gain the interest and involvement of others in the work process is an important aspect of the job. An extreme sense of urgency is needed, combined with getting work done in complete, accurate detail and in accordance with company standards and policies. The motivation for this position comes from a strong sense of duty and a feeling of responsibility for completing work both quickly and correctly. A faster than average work pace is necessary combined with impatience for results. Follow-up of delegated work must be very thorough. Decision making will be done with the ideas and advice of others, but always carefully and cautiously within the guidelines of established company policy. Selling ideas to others and the ability to train, teach and motivate a team are strong aspects of this position. Change is an ongoing occurrence of this job and will be approached conservatively and with the support and guidance of management.
Key Performance Objectives:
- To support the outlet management in the day-to-day operation; being actively present in the operation and dealing with guests during peak meal times
- When responsible for a specific outlet to manage staff and the outlet operation on a day-to-day basis ensuring that:
- Guest Service is in accordance with Red Carnation Hotels and Relais & Chateaux standards
- Mise en place requirements are completed in accordance with SOP
- Operating Equipment is correctly managed to ensure sufficient stock and minimal breakages
- To ensure that whenever necessary corrective action is taken when staff do not meet the standards
- To ensure that beverage stock movement is correctly and accurately tracked; as well as captured
- To ensure end of service cash-ups and float management are completed in accordance with SOP
- Adhere to the health and safety requirements of each outlet in accordance with SOP
- Coordinating special requests and extraordinary dining & picnics in accordance with SOP
- Ensure a guest satisfaction check of every guest within the department; dealing with any concerns and complaints in accordance with company service recovery guidelines; and by personally checking quality of both service and product on a continuous basis
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional / relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
A market related package with many additional benefits is offered. Candidates will be expected to work a 24 day on and 8 day off work cycle. You are welcome to contact Pieter van Dyk – Assistant General Manager for further details on the package offered via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please forward your CV’s to email@example.com. Closing date for applications will be the 31st of July 2018. Bushmans Kloof reserves the right not to interview.