As Restaurant Host/Hostess you will be responsible for quality and courteous service to the guests dining in the restaurant or attending a catering function.
Key responsibilities include:
- Greeting guests at the door
- Supervising the dining room team
- Seating guestd and presenting menu, refers special guest request to the appropriate server
- Available at the entrance to monitor the door
- Taking reservations
- Taking room service orders
- Answering the restaurant’s telephone when required, to company standards, taking reservations and/or messages
- Maintaining cleanliness of dining room, courtyard, and bar
The ideal candidate should:
- Hotel experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Must be multi-task oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Have knowledge of computers and hotel systems
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Previous experience as a server, preferably in fine dining
- Be eligible to work in the US
- Competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Hospitality 401 (k) plan
- Meals on duty
This position has excellent progression opportunities within the renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the Hotel industry.