Job Reference: ASH_GA
The Front Office department is looking for a Gate Attendant to join the team. You should have a proactive attitude, excellent communication skills and an approachable and friendly personality.
Key responsibilities include:
- To deal with all arrivals and all departures to the estate in a friendly and efficient manner in line with hotel standards
- To promote positive guest relations on the entrance & exits to the estate at all times
- While based at the entrance/exit gates of the Ashford Estate, ensure that all visitors and non-residents to the grounds pay the relevant entrance fees and are issued with entrance tickets for that day
- Support the reception & porterage team as required
- To provide the guest, at all times, with the highest levels of guest care and personal attention, where possible anticipating the guests needs and initiating actions to exceed expectations where possible
The ideal candidate for the Gate Attendant position will enjoy working within a friendly and productive team and have excellent communication skills. This is a full-time position, working five days a week between Monday and Sunday.
The ideal candidate for the Gate Attendant position should:
- Have a friendly & outgoing personality
- Be enthusiastic & flexible (may need to work 5 days over 7 day period, inclusive of some weekends)
- Have strong communication skills
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be legally eligible to work in Ireland
- Have the ability to handle busy situations and manage your workload effectively
This position has excellent progression opportunities within renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the Hotel industry.
Some of the Benefits available to our team:
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection, The Travel Corporation and some UK Relais & Châteaux properties
- Uniforms and dry cleaning service provided free of charge
- Discounted rates with many local businesses and third party service providers (including Estate Activities)
- Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability)
- Professional training and development opportunities (79 in-house courses to avail of)