As IT Director you will be a solid negotiator and adept at forming relationships with team members, department heads and external suppliers both locally and internationally. You will be located with the central IT team at The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel, London.
You will be able to work well under pressure, work to a budget and meet deadlines. You will be a good communicator and highly organised. You will be a strong negotiator and highly numerate. You will be able to work with key stakeholders and influence business decisions at top level.
Closing date: 8 November 2017
Main responsibilities of the Director of IT include:
- Oversee the IT department influencing the strategy and overall direction of the department
- Establish the future business IT needs implementing business and IT change
- Lead the development and management of the company's system infrastructure and communications technology
- Securing the procurement of all non-food products
- Working with suppliers that can match our environmental policies and show commitment to sustainability
- Managing the procurement system to ensure compliance from all hotels
- develops in consultation with other senior management the IT/telecommunications strategy of the organisation
- develops the periodic business plan and operational budget for IT/telecommunications to deliver agreed service levels
- considers the required IT/telecommunications staffing levels, oversees recruitment and appointment of staff and directs training policy
- prioritises and schedules major IT/telecommunications projects
- ensures that new technologies are researched and evaluated in the light of the organisation’s broad requirements.