Job Reference: LD_BP
We are currently looking for a Bar Person to join our team at The Lodge at Ashford Castle.
Key responsibilities of the Bar Person will include:
- To warmly welcome guests into the Bar ensuring a warm, welcoming and friendly demeanour at all times
- To ensure the bar is always fully stocked and ready for service (prepare mis en place) adhering to set standards
- To ensure the Bar area is kept clean and tidy at all times and that cleaning schedules are adhered to
- To be responsible for the professional dispensing and serving of drink, with the minimum of fuss or delay
- To learn, fully understand and be able to describe accurately all drinks on the menus so that all guests; questions can be answered correctly and without delay
The ideal candidate for the Bar Person will be a motivated and driven individual, who has a passion for Food & Beverage, guest care and hospitality. This is a full time position, the successful candidate would need to be available to work five days a week between Monday and Sunday.
The ideal candidate for the Bar Person should:
- Have previous experience within a similar role
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be legally eligible to work in Ireland
- Have strong attention to detail
- Have a friendly, bubbly and flexible attitude
- Have the ability to handle busy situations and manage your workload effectively
This position has excellent progression opportunities within the renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the Hotel industry.
Some of the Benefits available to our team:
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection and The Travel Corporation
- Discounted rates with many local businesses and third party service providers (including Estate Activities)
- Professional training and development opportunities (79 in-house courses to avail of)