We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Head Banqueting Waiter/Waitress to join our Food and Beverage team onsite at The Lodge at Ashford Castle.
Key responsibilities of the Head Banqueting Waiter/Waitress will include::
- To assist the Banqueting Supervisor in directing the Banqueting Service to guests in accordance with the Hotel’s standards and service guidelines.
- Warmly welcome guests ensuring that your voice, manner and behaviour portrays a warm, welcoming and friendly demeanour at all times
- Take the initiative in monitoring the banqueting service ensuring the team provide prompt and professional Food & Beverage Service at all times, communicating with the Supervisor on an ongoing basis.
- Be familiar with Service Standards, leading the team by example in adherence to these.
- Support the team in a hands-on approach in setting up & clearing tables.
- To ensure that all food service areas are maintained to an acceptable level of cleanliness and hygiene, and the cleaning schedules are adhered to on a daily basis
The ideal candidate for the Head Banqueting Waiter/Waitress position will enjoy working within a friendly and productive team and have excellent communication skills. This is a full time position, therefore candidates would need to be available to work five days a week between Monday and Sunday.
The ideal candidate for the Head Banqueting Waiter/Waitress position should:
- Have previous food & beverage experience, ideally within a similar banqueting outlet
- Have excellent communication skills
- Display eagerness, enthusiasm & the ability to take the initiative
- Be legally eligible to work in Ireland
- Have strong attention to detail
- Have a friendly, bubbly and flexible attitude
- Have the ability to handle busy situations and manage your workload effectively
This position has excellent progression opportunities within the renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the Hotel industry.
Some of the Benefits available to our team:
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection & The Travel Corporation
- Uniforms and dry cleaning service provided free of charge
- Discounted rates with many local businesses and third party service providers (including Estate Activities)
- Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability)
- Professional training and development opportunities (79 in-house courses to avail of)
The Lodge at Ashford Castle is an Equal Opportunities Employer