We are looking for an individual that has good communication and leadership skills, a passion for service and strong interpersonal and team player skills.
Applicants are required to have five or more years IT experience, ideally having worked in Hospitality or related services industries. Applicants must have the ability to operate independently and without direct supervision, must have a strong technical background, be confident in line-manging other staff, have experience in managing suppliers and service delivery, as well as be able to implement and manage projects to completion. Applicants are required to work weekends / shifts and available to be on-call.
All applicants must be South African Citizens
The IT Support Manager is responsible for:
- Providing a high level of IT support service, ensuring that minimum service levels are met or exceed
- Organisational initiatives, projects, goals and day-to-day tasks
- Implementing and enforcing corporate policies and procedures applicable to the IT department or function
- Oversee the daily operational requirements of the IT department, delivering IT support to end-users ensuring that all support incidents are resolved satisfactorily and with minimal impact on business operations or guest satisfaction
- Implement and manage basic IT projects from start to finish
- Liaise directly with senior management and keeping them abreast of all IT related developments and issues
- Be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all IT systems, networking infrastructure as well as ensuring software licensing compliance.
- Be a hands-on operator ensuring that all support incidents are resolved speedily, while identifying opportunities to train and mentor other staff
- Be able to identify minimum standards and enforce policies and procedures for end users as well as the IT function
- Maintain and manage IT continuity, backup and disaster recovery plans for all key systems as well as ensure continuous review and testing
- Maintain documentation and reference materials of all IT related systems, ensuring that documents remain current and easily accessible
- Be able to assist with the preparation of budgets and to monitor and manage departmental costs/spending
Technical Experience / Requirements:
- IT Diploma / MCSE Certified
- Strong Windows Servers and Active Directory skills
- Working knowledge of Opera PMS and Micros POS
- Networking and Wi-Fi experience is essential, ideally having used Ruckus Wi-Fi equipment in a hotel or conference venue deployment.
- Working knowledge of IP PBX technologies
- Previous exposure to virtualisation technologies, ideally having used VMWare to deploy servers