We are currently recruiting for a professional and experienced Human Resources Officer, to cover 12 months maternity leave starting from February 2017, to work within the central Human Resources department of the Red Carnation Hotel Collection. This is a brilliant opportunity for someone passionate about employee relations. As a member of our central Human Resources Team you will play a key role in the success and progression of the Red Carnation Hotel Collection and its employees. You will act as a proud ambassador for Red Carnation Hotels and strive to inspire, motivate and engage all members of staff. You will be approachable, have a creative mind and a good sense of humour. This is a hands-on role where you can really make a difference and offers an exceptional opportunity to develop your experience within HR. You will be passionate about people, service delivery and be a highly motivated self starter with the ability to prioritise workload and deadlines. You will be an excellent and confident communicator, possess strong organisational skills and be fully conversant with MS Office, including Power Point and Excel. Previous experience in a similar role within a fast paced environment and being CIPD qualified would be desirable whilst knowledge of hotels would be beneficial.
Key Responsibilities of the position are:
- Providing support, advice and guidance to managers on employee relations, employment law and general HR issues
- Attending disciplinary and grievance meetings
- Creating and updating company policies and procedures
- Assisting with recruitment as and when required
- Adding new starters on to the payroll system, Fourth Hospitality
- Creating offer letters and contracts for new starters
- Assisting the team with day-to-day activities, ensuring the highest level of service at all time
- Carrying out monthly audits
- Taking on ad hoc projects
This position has excellent progression opportunities within the Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the hotel industry.