The Kitchen department is looking for a Pastry Commis Chef to join the team. The ideal candidate for the Pastry Commis Chef position will enjoy working within a friendly and productive team. This is a full time position, working five days a week between Monday and Sunday.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with menu development
- Assisting with the day to day running of a section
- Assisting with ordering
- Assisting other sections in the kitchen
- Ensuring that all kitchen stations are kept clean, safe and hygienic at all times
This position has excellent progression opportunities within renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the Hotel industry.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Previous experience in a similar role in a 4 or 5 star Hotel or fine dinning restaurant
- Good Health and Safety and Food Hygiene awareness
- Good knowledge of using a wide range of kitchen equipments
- Be able to communicate effectively in English
- Have a positive, proactive, reliable and have a flexible attitude
The ideal candidate for the Pastry Commis Chef position will have previous experience in a similar role, have an NVQ Level 2 or similar and be passionate for providing first class food to our guests. Experience in a fine dining restaurant is desirable, but not essential. We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and hard working person with excellent communication skills. Accommodation is available on site.