Condé Nast Traveler today announced the results of its 29th annual Reader’ Choice Awards, and The Red Carnation Hotel Collection is proud to announce that 14 of their iconic properties have been awarded recognition.
“We are incredibly honored to be consistently recognized by the distinguished readers of Condé Nast Traveler, and are grateful for their continued recognition and appreciation,” said Jonathan Raggett, managing director for The Red Carnation Hotel Collection. “These awards are a testament to our staff’s commitment to maintaining the highest standards possible and delivering an unbeatable guest experience. When 14 out of our 17 hotels make the ‘Readers’ Choice Awards,’ we know we are doing something right.”
More than 300,000 dedicated readers – nearly twice as many as last year – cast votes for 7,394 hotels, 606 cities, 500 cruise ships, and 236 islands, in an average survey time of 8.4 minutes. The result? The 1,402 best travel experiences in the world.
Each of Red Carnation’s London hotels was listed as one of the “Top Hotels in London”:
- The Egerton House Hotel: #4
- The Montague on the Gardens: #6
- The Milestone Hotel: #8
- Hotel 41’: #11
- The Rubens at the Palace: #12
- The Chesterfield Mayfair: #24
Red Carnation properties also fared well in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Switzerland.
- Summer Lodge Country House Hotel, Restaurant and Spa: #2 – “Top Hotels in the United Kingdom and Ireland”
- The Lodge at Ashford Castle: #4 – “Top Hotels in the United Kingdom and Ireland”
- Ashford Castle: #5 – “Top Resorts in Europe”
- Hotel d’Angleterre: #10 – “Top Hotels in Switzerland”
Every South African property was recognized by readers for being among the world’s best.
- Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve & Wellness Retreat: #3 – “Top Resorts in Africa”
- The Oyster Box: #5 – “Top Hotels in Africa & the Middle East”
- The Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa: #6 – “Top Hotels in Africa & the Middle East”
Finally, Red Carnation’s sole North American property was also acknowledged for its excellence.
- The Chesterfield Palm Beach: #9 – “Top Hotels in Florida”
Red Carnation’s sister company, Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection, was also recognized as the #3 “Top River Cruise Lines.”
The Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards are the longest-running and most prestigious recognition of excellence in the travel industry and are commonly known as “the best of the best of travel.” Under Editor-in-Chief Pilar Guzmán, the Readers’ Choice Awards have become more selective and specific to the passions that inspire today’s travelers.
The Readers’ Choice Awards are announced in the November issue of Condé Nast Traveler, on newsstands nationwide on Oct. 25, 2016. The full list is published exclusively online, at www.CNTraveler.com/rca.